Deep dives, night dives and nitrox dives are only some of the new scuba adventures that await you in this course.
The certification enables dives up to 30 meters (100 feet) and the use of Enriched Air Nitrox 32 breathing mix.
Included: Training material, certification and dives.
What you will learn
The course has a modular structure and tackles the problems and emergenices that might arise during deeper and more demanding dives (regulator and valves failures, DSMB deployiment, air sharing, mandatory decompression ascents). The course also addresses the techniques required to safely perform night dives, deep dives (up to 30 meters or 100 feet), the use of nitrox and underwater navigation.
The course entails at least 32 hours of training between theory and practice, distributed over the course of at least 4 days.
The course is split into two main sections and various modules. The first section develops critical personal abilities, the second is subdivided into four modules:
- Nitrox (use of enriched breathing mixes)
- Deep dive (extension to 40 meters (130 feet))
- Navigation (with and without compass)
- Night dives
Exercises in the water are recorded so that students can re-watch themselves and inspect their behaviour, learning to self-evaluate. Dives with mandatory decompression or obstructed environments (caves and wrecks) are not part of the course and are excluded from this training.
What to expect
The course aims to train competent and safe divers that can handle recreational scuba dives (without decompression obligations) up to 30 meeters (100 feet). Students acquire a greater self-awareness, team cooperation and equipment skills, all in the interest of safety, dive management and confort and respect of the underwater environment.
- 18 years of age or more
- Being UTD Recreational 1 certified or equivalent
- 25 dives after the Recreational 1 certification
- Being able to swim underwater for at least 15 meters on a single breath hold
- Being able to swim with any style for at least 275 meters in less than 14 minutes without stopping
- Complete UTD/DIR equipment in single-tank configuration
- Backmount or Sidemount configuration
- Sidemount (if the course was taught in backmount configuration)
- Backmount (if the course was taught in sidemount configuration)